On the Job Foot Health
Your ability to use your feet safely, with ease and comfort, is vital if you are to remain a valuable and productive worker. When your job requires you to walk significant distances, stand on your feet for long periods, work in potentially hazardous areas or with potentially hazardous materials, you have some risk of foot injury. However, you can do a lot to prevent injuries by keeping your feet healthy and following these safe work practices:
- •Be aware of the hazards of your job and the proper protective measures to take.
- •Don't take chances or unnecessary risks. Take time to do your job right.
- •Be alert. Watch for hidden hazards.
- •Be considerate. Watch out for other worker's safety.
- •Follow the rules. Don't cut corners. Use your equipment as specified.
- •Concentrate on the job. Inattention can lead to accidents.
- •Pace yourself. Work steadily at a comfortable speed.
- •Keep your work area clean and your tools in their place.